UPI (Unified Payment Interface) method is one of the most popular payment methods right now and it is liked by everyone, including users who wager on sports betting platforms on a daily basis. This method is accepted by almost all Indian betting sites and is popular because of its simplicity and ease of use.
This service is also regulated by the Reserve Bank of India and that makes it absolutely safe and secure. It facilitates transferring money between two bank accounts completely from the comfort of your mobile screens. That’s why it has become such a popular and famous payment method in India ever since it was developed in 2016.
How to deposit money on betting sites with UPI in India?
First of all, you need to ensure that you have created and logged into your account in one of the betting platforms that accept UPI Payment Methods. If you aren’t sure about the sites that offer this method, take a look at our guide listing down the best betting sites that accept UPI payment methods. After that, follow these steps to deposit your amount:
- Choose an UPI Wallet. A list of the best UPI wallets has been provided later in the article.
- Link your bank account to the wallet by providing your mobile number on the UPI app. It will then fetch your details automatically.
- Select deposit method as UPI from the list of available payment methods on the betting site
- Enter and confirm the deposit you want to make and get started.
Also Read: Free Cricket Betting Tips
Top UPI Wallets in India
With the increase in popularity of the UPI over the years, many companies have come up with many wallets. Here is a list of the top services you can use:
Google Pay is an UPI based payment interface that allows you to send and receive money directly from and into your bank account respectively. It is a fast and secure payment service that offers a great experience to its users.
PayTM is a charge-free online e-wallet and it is pretty reliable as well. You can deposit money into your favourite betting platforms without any fee whatsoever. You just need to create a wallet and fund it in order to use this payment method. To fund your wallet, you can use debit card, credit card, net banking or even BHIM UPI service.
BHIM was created by the National Payments Corporation of India to make digital transactions easier for the Indians. With this service, you can send and receive money to and from UPI addresses and even on non-UPI platforms. This cannot hold money though and it can only be used as a transaction medium.
Other UPI Wallets
Apart from the three UPI services listed above, there are numerous other similar services that you can use. Some of them are PhonePe, MobiKwik, mPesa, Airtel Money, CRED, Amazon Pay, Jio Pay, and WhatsApp Pay among others.
- Secure Payment System
- No charge or fees on any transaction
- Fast rate of transaction. Funds are transferred within seconds.
- UPI has backing from all banks in India
- Most UPI services have attractive cashback offers as well
- Cannot transfer more than INR 1,00,000 at a time
- Doesn’t work well on slow networks
- Your Account becomes vulnerable if somehow you end up exposing your UPI PIN